Puppies & Kittens
Congratulations! You are now the lucky pet parent to a puppy. We want to keep your little ball of fluff happy and healthy, and bringing him or her in for a nose-to-tail examination is the first step.
During the appointment, your veterinarian will discuss your pet’s medical history and expected lifestyle with you, and develop a protocol of care and vaccinations tailored specifically for your pet.
During your pet’s visit, we will perform a complete physical examination, collect a stool sample to check for parasites, and discuss the following:
- Obedience training for good manners
- Pet vaccines to prevent disease
- Treatments against internal and external parasites
- House training
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Any necessary blood tests
- Proper pet nutrition
- Aggression and other undesirable behaviors
- Socializing your new pet with other family members
Congratulations on the newest furry addition to your family! We refer kittens to our sister facility, Annapolis Cat Hospital, located right next door. At Annapolis Cat Hospital, you can expect the same great care as Bay Ridge Animal Hospital, but with special attention to feline needs.